The Top 5 Things Seniors Forget On Their Session Day , Senior Photos Alpharetta GA, Jena Golden
Nov 12, 2019 | By: Jena Golden
Senior Picture Day is so much fun! You've waited all this time and it's finally here! You're crazy excited and probably a little nervous if you're being honest. It's only natural that things may be forgotten when you have so much going on. We totally get it and that's why I want to give you a little heads up about some commonly forgotten items for senior sessions :)
Here are the top 5 things we see time and time again that our seniors mistakenly forget in the hurry and excitement of their senior session:
1. Class ring - be sure to tuck this away in your bag or let mom put it in her purse a day or two before your senior session!
2. Socks - I know this seems like a silly one, but yep, socks do get left behind. This is really no fun in the middle of summer. Haha! I've been known to go grab an extra pair of my own for senior girls trying to slip on boots in this lovely summer Georgia heat.
3. Chipped nail polish - Details matter and yes, fingernails do show in senior pictures. It's super important to have your nails trimmed and painted in a neutral color. Bright and bold colors on your nails may not match with all of your outfits and could be a regrettable choice 10 years from now :)
4. Lipstick / Lipgloss - After a few hours in a photoshoot lips definitely need to be touched up. While we do try our best to grab a little extra of your color as we walk out the door to go on location sometimes we forget a thing or two also. Haha! It's best that you bring a favorite color of your own for touch ups (just in case).
5. Correct undergarments - The unmentionables are being mentioned right here! Gasp! But we've seen it happen. So sweet girls, please double check to be sure you have the correct undergarments for your outfits. Do you need anything special for a sleeveless top or a white sundress? Double check ladies!
BONUS! Just because I can - Let's talk about shaving! Cameras pick up all the details. If you're wearing shorts, a dress and especially something sleeveless . . . please remember to shave. Guys, watch the 5 o' clock shadows too :)
Now, how to remember those things? Here's a few easy tips:
1. Start jotting down things that you want to bring as you think of them for the few weeks leading up to your senior session.
2. At your consult be sure to go over that list with your photographer and add anything he or she may think of too.
3. Two days before your session start to gather all the "extra" items where you can see them and check them off your list as you do.
4. Don't move them after you've checked them off your list! haha!
5. Once you have all of your props, outfits and accessories together for your session place them in your car the night before your session so you aren't stressed out the morning of your senior pictures.
6. Now, have fun!
So there ya go. Just a little senior session tip on things to double check before your senior session day! I hope this was helpful for getting ready for your senior pictures!
If you're looking for a senior photographer in Forsyth County, Georgia (especially one who won't let you forget things, haha) I would love to be your girl! I photograph teens from all over Atlanta - Alpharetta, Milton, Roswell, Marietta, Johns Creek, Cumming, Gainesville, even McDonough and Locust Grove (that's where I'm from) and I would LOVE to work with you too!